Throbert's Theatre of Thinkologizing main page

THROBERT'S THEATRE of THINKOLOGIZING!



28 February 2003
 

It's time once again for me to jangle my cup and beseech Blinkin' Blog readers for donations! Only this time I'm gonna do it smart and work my panhandling around a theme. See, I've figured out that people are pretty reluctant to pay for online content, but apparently they do respond to hard-luck stories: I read a magazine article a couple weeks ago about an unemployed single mother who set up a web site to solicit money so that she could afford to put her kittens through college or flight-attendant school or something.

At least, I think it was kittens; I was reading the story over someone's shoulder on the subway, it was late, and I was coming home from a night on the town. Anyway, the suckas, I mean big-hearted fellow citizens, actually responded to the lady's entreaties for help, and she ended up raking in a couple thousand bucks to defray her expenses.

Now, my needs are much more modest than that poor woman's -- I'm just trying to scrape together an extra $90 per month so that I can afford to continue my kung fu lessons. My parents paid the introductory fee and uniform costs as a birthday present back in November, and I thought then that I'd be making plenty from my freelancing to cover the monthly tuition. But things have gotten a little tighter than I expected, and it now looks as though I'll have to discontinue my twice-weekly kick 'n' punch sweatathon, because obviously, groceries and such get priority.

Unless, of course, I can get some donations from Blinkin' Blog readers -- so won't you dig deep into your pockets and help me transform my body into a sweet-and-sour killing machine? Your contribution, via PayPal or Amazon, will allow me to master the Five Animal Forms passed down by generations of Shaolin monks! I've gotta have a readership in the low dozens; if each of you coughed up just five bucks, that would keep Throbert up to speed in the deadly fighting arts for at least a couple months...

posted by Throbert | 2/28/2003 03:47:00 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
throbert says:
me and mine
greatest hits
добро пожаловать на
♪♫♭ ДИСКОТЕКУ ♭♫♪
SUPRÊME!
blogs
links
archives