Throbert's Theatre of Thinkologizing main page

THROBERT'S THEATRE of THINKOLOGIZING!



09 April 2002
 

So the other day I'm hanging up my roommate's laundered shirts in his closet, on account of me being such a total Edith, and what do I find in there but one of my own shirts, which must've been hanging in there since I moved out of this apartment circa late 1998. (I moved back last November, what with the economy being so troubled, but that's another story.)
Anyway, this is no ordinary shirt; it's a custom-made Bababadalgharaghtakammin-arronnkonnbronntonnerrontuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenen-thurnuk! shirt from my stint as an art-geek in high school. In case you're interested in making a Bababa...denenthurnuk! shirt of your very own, each of the 100 letters was carefully hand-rendered in acrylic fabric paints, with a Dover® Clip Art Book of typefaces providing inspiration when I ran out of font styles. Oh, yeah -- the alphabet-goulash itself is the first of numerous 100-letter words from Finnegans Wake; that this example appears on PAGE ONE of the novel provides a hint as to how deep my knowledge of James Joyce actually runs. And did my pseudo-intellectual efforts ever land me so much as a single date (which was the ultimate end of all my creative efforts at that age)? I'll leave that as a cliffhanger for my next post!

posted by Throbert | 4/09/2002 09:31:00 PM |
Comments: Post a Comment
throbert says:
me and mine
greatest hits
добро пожаловать на
♪♫♭ ДИСКОТЕКУ ♭♫♪
SUPRÊME!
blogs
links
archives